Meraki secondary uplink alert concern

Prasadk
Just browsing

Meraki secondary uplink alert concern

Hi connections,

I am new to this community.

My company is building a managed service based on the building meraki dashboard monitoring/alerting features.

After reading the docos, it seems that the alert only supports "The primary uplink status changes".

How do can the system alert me if the secondary/standby link goes down?

If anyone has scripts plz share me on durgaprasad@redhut.tech

Thanks in advance 

prasad

8 Replies 8
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Prasadk I believe you cannot detect this, I'd make a wish to request it.

Prasadk
Just browsing

@cmr whom I need to approach regarding this.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the dashboard, go to a network with MXs in and on one of the monitoring screens there should be a make a wish button at the bottom.  Explain why you want secondary WAN alerts (via the API) and it goes to Meraki product management.

Prasadk
Just browsing

@cmr Are you talking about Configuration templates??

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, on the dashboard for Meraki click on the button shown below:

cmr_0-1603113633327.png

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I would look to use the Dashboard API.

A single call on the Organization will give you the status of the uplinks for all the MXs therein.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organization-appliance-uplink-statuses

If you prefer to target specific devices, try this call as a starting point:  https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-device-loss-and-latency-history 

Craieggg
Comes here often

Hey @Prasadk,
Sadly there is no way to receive alerts from Meraki immediately once the link goes down, however an alternate monitoring implmentation could be the following:
What you would need to do is
- Use the API to get a list of all organisations within your Dashboard
- Get a list of all inventory within that organisation - Filter out for MX,Z1,Z3 devices and store into a list
- Iterate over the list of the filtered devices - and get the Uplink info for WAN1 and WAN2 keys
- Write the details to a CSV/XLS file 

Rerun the program again after 2hrs/4hrs/24hrs (your choice) , Compare the new run file with the old file and if any changes, output that to an Email or whatever you wish to do to process that.

This is how I would have done it. Hope this helps. You can find the relevant API calls in the Documentation of the Python SDK.

@Craieggg Thanks for the information I will work on those processes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.