Meraki secondary uplink alert concern

Prasadk
Just browsing

Meraki secondary uplink alert concern

Hi connections,

I am new to this community.

My company is building a managed service based on the building meraki dashboard monitoring/alerting features.

After reading the docos, it seems that the alert only supports "The primary uplink status changes".

How do can the system alert me if the secondary/standby link goes down?

If anyone has scripts plz share me on durgaprasad@redhut.tech

Thanks in advance 

prasad

8 Replies 8
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Prasadk I believe you cannot detect this, I'd make a wish to request it.

Prasadk
Just browsing

@cmr whom I need to approach regarding this.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the dashboard, go to a network with MXs in and on one of the monitoring screens there should be a make a wish button at the bottom.  Explain why you want secondary WAN alerts (via the API) and it goes to Meraki product management.

Prasadk
Just browsing

@cmr Are you talking about Configuration templates??

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, on the dashboard for Meraki click on the button shown below:

cmr_0-1603113633327.png

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I would look to use the Dashboard API.

A single call on the Organization will give you the status of the uplinks for all the MXs therein.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organization-appliance-uplink-statuses

If you prefer to target specific devices, try this call as a starting point:  https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-device-loss-and-latency-history 

Craieggg
Comes here often

Hey @Prasadk,
Sadly there is no way to receive alerts from Meraki immediately once the link goes down, however an alternate monitoring implmentation could be the following:
What you would need to do is
- Use the API to get a list of all organisations within your Dashboard
- Get a list of all inventory within that organisation - Filter out for MX,Z1,Z3 devices and store into a list
- Iterate over the list of the filtered devices - and get the Uplink info for WAN1 and WAN2 keys
- Write the details to a CSV/XLS file 

Rerun the program again after 2hrs/4hrs/24hrs (your choice) , Compare the new run file with the old file and if any changes, output that to an Email or whatever you wish to do to process that.

This is how I would have done it. Hope this helps. You can find the relevant API calls in the Documentation of the Python SDK.

@Craieggg Thanks for the information I will work on those processes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.