Meraki SDK is not installed

Solved
Swirve
Conversationalist

Meraki SDK is not installed

Hi There

I would like to know if anyone has this issue when running a playbook.

Swirve_0-1715903262240.png

When trying running pip install meraki i get another error " error: externally-managed-environment" i have installed ansible plenty of times and I have not come accross this error..I normally follow the steps to get Ansible installed and operational and then move on to construct my YML files.  Any help will be much appreciated. I have Ubuntu 22.0.4 running on VMware Workstation Pro 16 on my Windows laptop. I also installed WSL on my Windows laptop and have the same result..

PLEASE, PLEASE could someone help me.

Thank You in advance

1 Accepted Solution
Swirve
Conversationalist

I have found the solution to the issue I experienced, and it had to do with the python version I was using when trying to do

pip install meraki. According to some folks, this error "error: externally-managed-environment" started appearing since Python 3.11 and I am using Python 3.12. I just renamed the file to .old and that solved my problem....so relieved as i was struggling the entire day trying to figure out why is this not working....anyways here is the link below that solved my issue and hopefully it will help someone....so excited now...hahahha

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/75608323/how-do-i-solve-error-externally-managed-environment-ever... 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Swirve
Conversationalist

I have found the solution to the issue I experienced, and it had to do with the python version I was using when trying to do

pip install meraki. According to some folks, this error "error: externally-managed-environment" started appearing since Python 3.11 and I am using Python 3.12. I just renamed the file to .old and that solved my problem....so relieved as i was struggling the entire day trying to figure out why is this not working....anyways here is the link below that solved my issue and hopefully it will help someone....so excited now...hahahha

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/75608323/how-do-i-solve-error-externally-managed-environment-ever... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.