Meraki Appliance API - WAN1 (dynamic) - can show the assigned IP address

Solved
Terry_Chan
Conversationalist

Meraki Appliance API - WAN1 (dynamic) - can show the assigned IP address

Hi All

For the API https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-device-appliance-uplinks-settings/

I can get the static of WAN1 or WAN2 public ip address.  However, how can I get the dynamic ip for the WAN1 or WAN2 if the WAN interface is not using static bur dynamic ip from ISP? 

The API can get the result with "dynamic". But would like to get the result which a public ip address is assigned by ISP provider. OR I should use another API command to retrieve the dynamic public IP address assigned at WAN interface?  Thank you.

{
"interfaces": {
"wan1": {
"enabled": true,
"vlanTagging": { "enabled": false },
"svis": {
"ipv4": {
"assignmentMode": "dynamic"
},
"ipv6": {
}
},
"pppoe": {
"authentication": {
"username": "xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
}
}
},
"wan2": {
"enabled": false,
"vlanTagging": { "enabled": false },
"svis": {
"ipv4": {
},
"ipv6": {
}
},
"pppoe": { "enabled": false }
}
}
}

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
Badr-eddine
Getting noticed

Hello,

It appears that you're interested in retrieving the dynamic public IP address assigned by your ISP for WAN1 or WAN2 using the Cisco Meraki API. You mentioned using the `getDeviceApplianceUplinksSettings` API call, but please note that this call only retrieves the configuration and settings of the device uplink.

In your case, you should use the `getOrganizationUplinksStatuses` API call to obtain not only the configuration but also the status of the interface, which will display the IP address assigned to your uplinks. 

Please feel free to visit https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/get-organization-uplinks-statuses/ for more docs.

Using the `getOrganizationUplinksStatuses` call, you can obtain the current IP address assigned to your uplinks along with additional relevant information.

Let's me knew if this solution adequately addresses your request?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Badr-eddine
Getting noticed

Hello,

It appears that you're interested in retrieving the dynamic public IP address assigned by your ISP for WAN1 or WAN2 using the Cisco Meraki API. You mentioned using the `getDeviceApplianceUplinksSettings` API call, but please note that this call only retrieves the configuration and settings of the device uplink.

In your case, you should use the `getOrganizationUplinksStatuses` API call to obtain not only the configuration but also the status of the interface, which will display the IP address assigned to your uplinks. 

Please feel free to visit https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/get-organization-uplinks-statuses/ for more docs.

Using the `getOrganizationUplinksStatuses` call, you can obtain the current IP address assigned to your uplinks along with additional relevant information.

Let's me knew if this solution adequately addresses your request?

Noted.  This should be the one more about the status of the appliance.  Let me play around it,  Thanks a lot.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.