Meraki API and Postman Flow

Solved
cubates
Here to help

Meraki API and Postman Flow

I work on learning more about Flow in Postman.  Just to see what it looks like, I have a simple flow:

(Start)-->(GET getOrganizationNetworks)-->(Log)

The API Get has a envirnoment with the APIKey and OrgID.  It returns a 200 OK code.  But the Log output is the "JSON Magic - Meraki Postman Visualizer", not the expected list of networks. 

So, I am missing something.

I am looking for a working example that I can look at to help me learn more about Flow.  Does anyone have a working example that they can share?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
JasonM
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

When you import the Meraki Postman collection it has a configured test for JSON Magic that is used to help visualize the results in tabular form.

What you can do to get around this is save the particular endpoints to a new folder to be used just for your flow so that it doesn't complicate the Postman Flow. Be sure to remember to add your API key (or environmental variable) into the settings for the new folder.

Alternatively, if you are fine without the options for visualizations you can just remove that from the tests from the Meraki collection folder.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 4.40.16 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Are you looking for the output in the results default tab called Body > Pretty?

Here is the body from the API block:

cubates_0-1696374676181.png

Here is what is in the console:

cubates_1-1696374710044.png

Thanks!!

My apologies. I didn't catch the part about this being for Postman Flows. I've never used the Flows piece. Maybe someone else here as experience with it.

JasonM
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

When you import the Meraki Postman collection it has a configured test for JSON Magic that is used to help visualize the results in tabular form.

What you can do to get around this is save the particular endpoints to a new folder to be used just for your flow so that it doesn't complicate the Postman Flow. Be sure to remember to add your API key (or environmental variable) into the settings for the new folder.

Alternatively, if you are fine without the options for visualizations you can just remove that from the tests from the Meraki collection folder.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 4.40.16 PM.png

Removing them from the tests worked!

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.