MX Loss and Latency Statistics

ccisco630
Here to help

MX Loss and Latency Statistics

What would be the best way to leverage the API to pull out a monthly snapshot of all MX loss and latency statistics in the organization?  From what I can tell you can go back 1 year, but only in 5 minute windows as far as timeframe.  Is there a way to expand that timeframe?  It appears you could do uplink loss percentage and latency at the individual network/device level, but that seems extremely inefficient for an org with a hundred or so MXs.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!  

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Is there a way to expand that timeframe?

If you need to go back more than a year you'll just need to regularly poll and store that data locally and slowly build it up yourself.

Thanks for your reply. I was referring to the 5 minute timeframe.  For example, can I pull uplink loss and latency for a one month period on all organization MXs, not just 5 minutes.  

According to the API:

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-device-loss-and-latency-history 

The coarsest resolution you can specify is one day (86400 seconds).

"resolution Integer
The time resolution in seconds for returned data. The valid resolutions are: 60, 600, 3600, 86400. The default is 60."
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.