MX Loss and Latency Statistics

ccisco630
Here to help

MX Loss and Latency Statistics

What would be the best way to leverage the API to pull out a monthly snapshot of all MX loss and latency statistics in the organization?  From what I can tell you can go back 1 year, but only in 5 minute windows as far as timeframe.  Is there a way to expand that timeframe?  It appears you could do uplink loss percentage and latency at the individual network/device level, but that seems extremely inefficient for an org with a hundred or so MXs.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!  

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Is there a way to expand that timeframe?

If you need to go back more than a year you'll just need to regularly poll and store that data locally and slowly build it up yourself.

Thanks for your reply. I was referring to the 5 minute timeframe.  For example, can I pull uplink loss and latency for a one month period on all organization MXs, not just 5 minutes.  

According to the API:

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-device-loss-and-latency-history 

The coarsest resolution you can specify is one day (86400 seconds).

"resolution Integer
The time resolution in seconds for returned data. The valid resolutions are: 60, 600, 3600, 86400. The default is 60."
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.