MAC Randomisation

Limitless
Here to help

MAC Randomisation

Has anyone noticed a huge spike in numbers at venues with MAC randomisation or with new iOs version12.3.1.

Comapring against Springboard door counters we have gone from 35,000 to 85,000 meraki.

We have removed all duplicate devices and are trying to spot random mac adresse that appear to go up by 1 digit

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Chromebooks tend to randomise their MAC addresses by default now, but they are not so prolific.  iPhones (and iOS) devices can ranomise their MAC addresses but I'm not sure if this is on by default.

It is also possible that some Android OEMs might now be enabling mac randomisation on their devices.  I haven't seen any changes myself in this area recently.

timeshimanshu
Getting noticed

Agreed with @PhilipDAth 

is there any other obvious reasons why we would jump from 35,000 to 85,000 users then. Definitely not on physical site

Limitless
Here to help

Is there any other obvious reasons why we would jump from 35,000 to 85,000 users then. Definitely not on physical site

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.