In the deviceStatuses API what does it meant if the "status":"alerting".

SOLVED
Farrukh
Getting noticed

In the deviceStatuses API what does it meant if the "status":"alerting".

In this API what does it meant if the status is Alerting.

/organizations/{organizationId}/deviceStatuses

[ { "name": "My AP", "serial": "Q234-ABCD-5678", "mac": "00:11:22:33:44:55", "status": "online", "lanIp": "1.2.3.4", "publicIp": "123.123.123.1", "networkId": "N_24329156" }

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sungod
Head in the Cloud

I'd regard alerting as 'something seems to be wrong, but the device can still contact Dashboard', so 'online but maybe degraded'.

Don't know if there's a definitive list of causes, assume things like issues with IP settings, VLAN misconfiguration, DNS problems, switch faults etc.

I've seen devices go into altering state when making changes to network addressing, VLANs etc., sometimes it clears, sometimes they need a reboot to pick up the new parameters from DHCP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sungod
Head in the Cloud

Farrukh
Getting noticed

What we can consider alerting as online or offline ?

sungod
Head in the Cloud

I'd regard alerting as 'something seems to be wrong, but the device can still contact Dashboard', so 'online but maybe degraded'.

Don't know if there's a definitive list of causes, assume things like issues with IP settings, VLAN misconfiguration, DNS problems, switch faults etc.

I've seen devices go into altering state when making changes to network addressing, VLANs etc., sometimes it clears, sometimes they need a reboot to pick up the new parameters from DHCP.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.