Getting an aggregated view of wireless channel utilization

tenfortyeight
Comes here often

Getting an aggregated view of wireless channel utilization

Hi,

Sorry for asking newbie questions, but I really am a newbie in this context. I saw in another post that there isn't an endpoint for getting a network aggregated view of current channel utilization of all APs. However, I have a hard time understanding the data provided by the API in this case. A client asked for a small dashboard giving a simple overview of networks.

I was looking at for example these two endpoints

{{baseUrl}}/networks/:networkId/wireless/channelUtilizationHistory
{{baseUrl}}/networks/:networkId/networkHealth/channelUtilization

I'm guessing that the `wifi0` and `wifi1` property in the response is the 2.4ghz and 5ghz respectively. Moreover, I'm still guessing here, that the `utilization` property is the number in percentage being utilized. But what is for example `wifi` and `non-wifi` in the list under the respective `wifiX` mentioned above? And which channels are being used?

I'm in a learning curve here regarding the Meraki environment.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

@tenfortyeight : Filter it by band as describe below 

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-network-wireless-channel-utilization-history

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Thanks @Inderdeep, but unfortunately that does not work, since you have to provide either a `clientId` or `serial` to get a response. And I'm still a puzzled about what exactly the data in the response correlates to.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.