Getting an aggregated view of wireless channel utilization

tenfortyeight
Comes here often

Getting an aggregated view of wireless channel utilization

Hi,

Sorry for asking newbie questions, but I really am a newbie in this context. I saw in another post that there isn't an endpoint for getting a network aggregated view of current channel utilization of all APs. However, I have a hard time understanding the data provided by the API in this case. A client asked for a small dashboard giving a simple overview of networks.

I was looking at for example these two endpoints

{{baseUrl}}/networks/:networkId/wireless/channelUtilizationHistory
{{baseUrl}}/networks/:networkId/networkHealth/channelUtilization

I'm guessing that the `wifi0` and `wifi1` property in the response is the 2.4ghz and 5ghz respectively. Moreover, I'm still guessing here, that the `utilization` property is the number in percentage being utilized. But what is for example `wifi` and `non-wifi` in the list under the respective `wifiX` mentioned above? And which channels are being used?

I'm in a learning curve here regarding the Meraki environment.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@tenfortyeight : Filter it by band as describe below 

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-network-wireless-channel-utilization-history

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Thanks @Inderdeep, but unfortunately that does not work, since you have to provide either a `clientId` or `serial` to get a response. And I'm still a puzzled about what exactly the data in the response correlates to.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.