Get network clients for specific hour?

Emanuel
Comes here often

Get network clients for specific hour?

Hi,

It's possible to get data by T0 (start) and you get all from that time to current time. Or you can specify timespan to take from now back to the lenght of timespan.

I miss T1, that would make it possible to get data for specific range.

This is no big deal if you are to fetch data for a couple of networks and dont need to be precise, but if you need to collect this for 100 or 1000 networks, it will be harder...

Anyone have a solution for this?

4 Replies 4
sungod
Head in the Cloud

Depends exactly what data you are looking for.

You can use a call that does allow both t0 and t1 to be specified, then you have flexibility over when you run things, for instance...

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-network-clients-usage-histories

...if a client has usage in the period, it clearly was connected.

Emanuel
Comes here often

Hi,

This works fine for data, but I would like to collect "clients" in the same way. But, there is no t1 parameter. Sure you get the clients that produce data, but it lack alot of information about the clients...

Regards

Emanuel

sungod
Head in the Cloud

Have you looked at the return data?

It is an array of zero or more clients, if you want client count, you simply count the clients in the return data.

Emanuel
Comes here often

Yes, it is good in some situation and I actually use it for collecting hourly data statistics. But from the GetNetworkClients I get VLAN/SSID and more that I need to be able to work on.

If there was no limit in the number of api-calls, you could use a combination of calls to figure it all out 🙂

But I really would like to have a T1 on get network clients, I guess there is a reason for why that is missing....

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.