Get Network Client Splash Authorization Status

SOLVED
Fabian1
Getting noticed

Get Network Client Splash Authorization Status

Hi everyone,

I try to get the client splash authorization status of a client in our network. We have some SSID with splash page authorization and want to get the expiration date.

I'm using python but 

result = meraki.clients.get_network_client_splash_authorization_status(collect) fails with no result:

{'ssids': {}}

Everything else works fine, like get_network_client_usage_history() etc. with the same parameters

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The current behavior is as OP and @BrechtSchamp describes (endpoint supports click-through splash only). However we are tracking adding support for other splash types and will provide an update as soon as we have added that functionality.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

That endpoint is for click-through splash pages. Is your SSID set to click-through splash pages?

It is a Sign-on with 3rd party credentials

But still, I can see on the GUI how much time is left until the authorization will be revoked on each client.

That's what I need to get via API

I don't have an answer for you, both @jdsilva and me were surprised about this limitation earlier this week. I'm not sure why it's there. Perhaps @TonyC can shed some light on this?

The current behavior is as OP and @BrechtSchamp describes (endpoint supports click-through splash only). However we are tracking adding support for other splash types and will provide an update as soon as we have added that functionality.

Any update on this?

Stephane_FAURE
Here to help

Hi everyone,

2024, woah, it seems to be the futur ...... except for Sponsored Guest splash probably still stuck in the 80's 😅.

In Europe we have to provide detailed connexions informations to authorities in case of request.

And we still don't have an integrated report that give all these informations ..

Ok API will rule the world so I'm starting my Postm....... No kidding, nothing but a [] as result .... 

In 2024, we still only have clickthrough splash can give me something that I don't need.

Please Meraki, make Sponsored Guest (a killer feature) usable without a Syslog, at least, send a result with all informations in the result of GetNetworkSplashLoginAttempts <insert Puss in boots big eyes here >

A desperate Meraki Master.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.