Error 403: Please change your password.

SOLVED
CBurkhead
Building a reputation

Error 403: Please change your password.

I started getting this error yesterday when trying to access data for one organization. Since then I have found another that does the same thing. This seems to be occurring as soon as I try to access data in the specific organization. I did some testing and got the error trying to access the /organizations/{OrgID}/networks and /organizations/{OrgID}/devices/statuses endpoints. I would imagine that it would happen with any endpoint that tried to access data in the organization.

Has anyone else seen this? It is only happening with 2 organizations and the scripts access 50+ others with no issues. All of the scripts are using the same API key and that account has access to all of the organizations we administer. As I said this just started yesterday and both of these organizations have been accessible via API for months with no problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CBurkhead
Building a reputation

I talked with Meraki some on Friday and they didn't have any real suggestions/solutions. I did create a new account with API access to the the two organizations I was having issues with. They both worked with the new account. I was going to change the API key for my main account, but on Saturday it was working fine for all organizations with the original key. I am thinking this was some sort of backend problem in the API.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is your API key correct?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
CBurkhead
Building a reputation

Yes. As I said this API key accesses all of the other organizations we administer and has worked with both of these organizations for months. I was even using it to access the first organization I saw this error with yesterday morning with no issues.

But the error suggests that is incorrect.  I suggest you create a new one or open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

CBurkhead
Building a reputation

Perhaps. But what does an account password have to do with an API key? And, if it was the password for the account with this key, shouldn't this error be coming up for every organization, since the same API key is being used for all of them?

Open a support case, they will assist you.

CBurkhead
Building a reputation

I have submitted a case to Meraki.

BM1
New here

We had the same issue on Friday. Our monitoring system that uses the API showed all client devices as unavailable with a message "No Data returned" . Had to put the devices in maintenance as it was generating SNOW Incidents.

We changed the API key on one credential and it seemed to work. But not sure why it stopped in the first place. API keys were generated in January 2023.

The second organization started working mysteriously this morning at 9.33 a.m.

Spent all day today getting the devices out of maintenance and running the API discovery tool.

Case was logged with Meraki and they said to call for Live Troubleshooting but since it started working did not bother.

CBurkhead
Building a reputation

I talked with Meraki some on Friday and they didn't have any real suggestions/solutions. I did create a new account with API access to the the two organizations I was having issues with. They both worked with the new account. I was going to change the API key for my main account, but on Saturday it was working fine for all organizations with the original key. I am thinking this was some sort of backend problem in the API.

sungod
Head in the Cloud

There were some Dashboard issues last week, Thursday/Friday depending on timezone, maybe it was a hangover from that...

https://status.meraki.net/

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.