Disable SSID broadcasting on a Z3/Z1 Appliance.

Craiegg
Getting noticed

Disable SSID broadcasting on a Z3/Z1 Appliance.

Hello all,

I am working on a solution that provides our clients an option to enable/disable SSIDs for their networks on request through a portal.

It works perfectly fine for networks that have a Wireless Access Point.

However, for the networks that have the SSID broadcasting through the Z1/Z3 device, there is no API call to do it for the same. I get the following error if I try to do it via the Wireless SSID API call:
" Network bound to a template is not a Wireless Network"

A workaround that is possible, is having to disable the SSID for the entire template which is not feasible as my template is tied to 10+ networks. 

Is there any method or way to disable an SSID from broadcasting on a particular Z1/Z3 appliance?

Thanks,
Craig.

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A template enforces the settings on everything bound to it so you can guarantee they are all configured the same.

So in this case, it would only be done at the template level.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Actually, you might be able to do this using "SSID Availability" which is enabled based on a tag.

Then have the API add or remove the tag from individual Z3s to enable to disable the SSID.

@PhilipDAth Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Would you happen to know if there is any API call available to disable the SSID from broadcasting over an MX device.
Use case: MX67W + AP
Objective: Disable SSID broadcasting from the MX

API : https://api.meraki.com/api/v0/networks/"NetworkID"/ssids . Retrieves the SSID from the APs

I've gone through the documentation for both v0 and v1 and was looking for an API to disable the SSID from Security SD-WAN , Wireless Settings option

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.