Devnet-Meraki Always On - Account Locked!

Vmadathil
Getting noticed

Devnet-Meraki Always On - Account Locked!

Vmadathil_0-1719835646132.png

Could you please help me to unlock the Sandbox account.

11 Replies 11
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

I suppose you already know what to do?

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Developers-APIs/Devnet-Meraki-Always-On-Account-Locked/m-p/239247#M1...

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Not actually, I didn't do anything. It started working without any action from my side. I believe, somebody from Meraki unlocked the account.

Shubh3738
Getting noticed

Ask your Administrator, if have another one.

Or Call to cisco Meraki Support for unlock with sharing your passcode or Account ID.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

According to the other discussion you opened, I suggest you contact support.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Contacting_Support

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
AmyReyes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Vmadathil, I know we spoke via private message, but I wanted to follow up here as well. As others have said on the thread, contacting support is the way to go. They can verify your identity and unlock your account for you.

Also, friendly reminder that we ask you not to post duplicate messages, as this can fragment the conversation and make it harder for both people to answer you and for others to find the answer in the future if they come across your thread. 😊 See #2 Be Relevant in our Community Guidelines for more info.

Hi Amy,

I tried my level best to find a solution for this. 

1. I contacted Meraki support via support@meraki.com - Got the message as "This inbox no longer monitored"

2. Contacted Web Help team - They couldn't verify this account.

3. Contacted Meraki Team via Mobile - They are seeking production account details which irrelevant for this case.

4. Sent messages to multiple persons - but nobody has a proper recommendation.

5. Started the topic here.

Nobody has a proper answer for unlocking the Meraki Always On account.

I strongly believe it is a global issue. It is not a local issue which is related to my account. I strongly recommend creating an account on a Meraki Sandbox platform using the catalog "Meraki Always On". You will see the same error message which I am getting.

I don't know how to find an administrator who is handling the Sandbox account. I should have recorded the administrator details just before it locked out.

Note: I noted your comment. I will follow it. Thanks 🙂

Thank you for following up with the steps you've tried. Now that I'm looking into this more, it appears to be a known issue impacting anyone who uses that particular Sandbox account, as you said. 

This answer in the Cisco Community recommends using one of the Meraki reserve sandboxes instead. I will ask around and see if I can identify who owns the Sandbox accounts as well. Hope that helps in the meantime!

Yes, it would be a great help. FYI, the account is still locked. Also please let me know about the Meraki reserve sandboxes. Please share a link containing all the info. if possible.

I can be able to log in to the account now. But still don't know who unlocked this account. 

@AmyReyes did you get a chance to get hold of somebody to get it done.

This account was locked after several unsuccessful access attempts. Is this account shared with anyone else? If not, it could be that someone is trying to brute force your account.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hmm interesting. I have not yet. A lot of folks are out this week for the July 4th holiday in the US, hence the delay. 

The other sandboxes are linked from the Cisco Meraki Developer Hub page, but they all give "Page Does Not Exist" errors. I will follow up on this and reply back when I find out more! Thanks for your patience. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.