Dashboard API and cellular gateways

Solved
JesusCasero
Here to help

Dashboard API and cellular gateways

Hi everybody,

I am facing an odd issue. I am polling the Dashboard API to gather inventory details from the pool of deployed cellular gateways. The issue is with the "lanIp" attribute: if I query the /api.meraki.com/api/v1/organizations/<org_id>/devices endpoint, I get a '"lanIp" : null' KV pair in the response; however, querying the /api.meraki.com/api/v1/networks/<newtwork_id>/devices endpoint, the "lanIp" attribute gets properly populated with the assigned IP.

This is issue appears to happen only with MG devices, the responses for other models seem to be consistent, with the exception of some details like "configurationUpdatedAt" or "productType" which are available only on the "networks" endpoint.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

JC

1 Accepted Solution

Someone else opened a Support case mentioning the endpoint returning null like you are seeing. In the notes of this case it appears Engineering is saying this is intended behavior. Even using the get single device the lanIp on my MG is actually the WAN IP from the carrier.

It appears in order to see the LAN IP (and subnet) of the MG you have to use endpoint https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-device-cellular-gateway-lan/ 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

From what I can tell this is only designed to work with the network level endpoint per some internal notes when a Support case was opened on this last year. If you want confirmation you can open a new Support case.

Thank you, @Ryan_Miles. Do you mean to say that "lanIp" would yield a non-null value only querying the network level endpoint? And can you maybe confirm if this is specific to cellular gateways? It would be great if you could share more details about the support case you're mentioning.

Thanks in advance,

JC

Someone else opened a Support case mentioning the endpoint returning null like you are seeing. In the notes of this case it appears Engineering is saying this is intended behavior. Even using the get single device the lanIp on my MG is actually the WAN IP from the carrier.

It appears in order to see the LAN IP (and subnet) of the MG you have to use endpoint https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-device-cellular-gateway-lan/ 

Thanks, @Ryan_Miles, it seems to be indeed the way it works. We're gonna need to refactor the app only because of the MGs... 😕

Kind regards,

JC

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.