Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Dashboard API 0.6.0 released!

New Endpoints

Enhancements

Read more..

Additional Updates

Postman Collection
Includes enhanced descriptions with Body Param models (look at the Posts/Puts).

Collection

postman-body-param-table.png

Scanning API v3-beta

• Consolidated observations to a single POST per network
  • Observation schema is now organized by clients instead of by access point
  • Improved location accuracy by up to 30% to provide a +/- 3.2 meter estimation
  • Floorplan information
  • Detailed RSSI readings and path history

Docs
Postman Collection

location api v3 screenshot.png

Node-RED Meraki node

Easily automate the new per-device licensing endpoints and other 0.6.0 features.

Docs

node-red meraki  PDL.png

9 REPLIES 9
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

@DexterLaBora wrote:

Postman Collection
Includes enhanced descriptions with Body Param models (look at the Posts/Puts).

Collection

postman-body-param-table.png

Well that was quick! Thanks!

I automate all the things!

That is real interesting that their is a new Scanning API beta - because I've had issues with two networks where the scanning API has simply stopped working (in the last month).  They validate - but the Meraki system simply never sends data.  In the dashboard the status remains "black".  Not red, yellow or green, just black.

I use Amazon AWS Lambda to collect the data.  The CloudWatch log shows it being called when you validate it - but it never gets called again.  There is no error - the Meraki system simply never calls again.

Support says they can't see anything wrong and don't know why the Meraki system is not sending data.  They then get stuck at this point and don't know what to do.  I fear my case is never going to get resolved.

It works for the other networks I am using the scanning API for.  All networks are setup identically.

I bet someone has subtly broken the existing code for some specific cases.

The V3 beta looks like a big change.  I think I might look into this, because I think it is the only way I'm going to be able to resolve my issue.  Support is not capable of investigating or fixing my problem.

Crap, the V3 scanning API is only available on the early access program, which I have already registered for, but doesn't seem to have started yet, or at least I have not been invited to join.

I feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle with the APIs these days.

@PhilipDAth ,

The Scanning API v3 (now being called Location API), is in public beta. Thus, all you must do to try it is select the new version v3 (beta) for your POST receiver. 

DexterLaBora_0-1575386709311.png

The most impactful enhancement to this version is the improvements with the POST frequency. Previously, there was one observation POST, per access point, per minute. This created a lot of traffic for both Meraki and the client to manage. Going forward, v3 will now post once per network, per minute. In addition, there is path history and more accurate telemetry information. 

... and Early Access will host a special area to discuss direct feedback with the changes. The program should be opening its doors within days. There are just a few last minute tasks to sort out.  

Ok.  I'll start prepping to use it later this week.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Thanks for the update on the special access program. Even if I don't get in, I'm really excited to know that it exists!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Thanks for the update on the special access program. Even if I don't get in, I'm really excited to know that it exists!

No I wont stand for @Nash being left out.  It takes a special kind of sadistic personality to use powershell, and if Nash is not included someone else is going to have to use powershell.

ps. I just did a search and found several implementaions of dotenv that are available for powershell.  This fits nicely into my grand plan of a defacto standard for handling Meraki credentials and configuration information.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

No I wont stand for @Nash being left out.  It takes a special kind of sadistic personality to use powershell, and if Nash is not included someone else is going to have to use powershell.

I made my part-time junior networker troll through client AD servers, using PowerShell to pull DHCP scope, lease, and reservation information.

I'm a monster.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.