DNS error on createOrganizationNetwork

Sofiane-dev
Just browsing

DNS error on createOrganizationNetwork

Hello,

The following error started popping up since yesterday when we try to create an organization network via dashboard api:

organizations, createOrganizationNetwork - 400 Bad Request, {'errors': ['Url failed to DNS resolve host name', "Hostname 'api.tnaas.tcsapps.com' has no public ip addresses"]}

Is there any ongoing incident with Meraki dashboard api ?

Thank you

8 Replies 8
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Just tried the POST /organizations API endpoint and was able to create an org okay, might be worth opening a support ticket and providing some additional context. I can only imagine this error if you're creating a new org by cloning it perhaps.

Hello @ConnorL , thank's for your help

Here are the logs generated by Meraki package, I hope it's helpful. 

As you can see, I'm trying to create an organization network from an existing one (/organizations/{organizationId}/networks). It had always worked without any problem, we didn't make any changes do our code.

{"asctime": "2024-01-31 14:04:17,213", "levelname": "INFO", "name": "meraki", "message": "Meraki dashboard API session initialized with these parameters: {'version': '1.25.0', 'api_key': '************************************2307', 'base_url': 'https://****.meraki.com/api/v1', 'single_request_timeout': 60, 'certificate_path': '', 'requests_proxy': '', 'wait_on_rate_limit': True, 'nginx_429_retry_wait_time': 60, 'action_batch_retry_wait_time': 60, 'retry_4xx_error': False, 'retry_4xx_error_wait_time': 60, 'maximum_retries': 6, 'simulate': False, 'be_geo_id': None, 'caller': None, 'use_iterator_for_get_pages': False}"}

{"asctime": "2024-01-31 14:04:17,713", "levelname": "DEBUG", "name": "meraki", "message": "", "tags": ["organizations", "configure", "networks"], "operation": "createOrganizationNetwork", "method": "POST", "url": "/organizations/******/networks", "json": {"timeZone": "Europe/Paris", "tags": ["EMEA", "*****", "Call_center"], "copyFromNetworkId": "********************", "name": "TEST_NAPP_NETWORK_EMEA", "productTypes": ["wireless", "switch"]}}

{"asctime": "2024-01-31 14:04:17,713", "levelname": "INFO", "name": "meraki", "message": "POST https://****.meraki.com/api/v1/organizations/******/networks"}

{"asctime": "2024-01-31 11:23:55,372", "levelname": "ERROR", "name": "meraki", "message": "organizations, createOrganizationNetwork - 400 Bad Request, {'errors': ['Url failed to DNS resolve host name', \"Hostname 'api.tnaas.tcsapps.com' has no public ip addresses\"]}"}

Mind dropping me a DM with a link to the source network? Curious where this "api.tnaas.tcsapps.com" is being referenced from.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is api.tnaas.tcsapps.com ?

No idea, the response is coming from Meraki. From a quick search it belongs to "Tata Consultancy Services Limited" which belongs to Tata group. 

sungod
Head in the Cloud

There's no major outages showing on the status page https://status.meraki.net/

Might be a 'local' problem, you can either wait to see if it resolves or open a support case.

But in the logging info you post below, I see...

base_url': 'https://****.meraki.com/api/v1',

...normally the base |URL should be api.meraki.com/api/v1 if you are specifying something else that may be the problem.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What URL address is this?

api.tnaas.tcsapps.com

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

> failed to DNS resolve host name', "Hostname 'api.tnaas.tcsapps.com' 

This is your issue.  "api.tnaas.tcsapps.com" has nothing to do with Meraki.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.