Connections by SSID

Prodrick
Building a reputation

Connections by SSID

I was looking to better understand client connections and to track connections by SSID, but when I examined the syslog for a given AP I didn't see any information that identified the SSID and client was connecting to.  Where might this information be available?

Thanks

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can check it on Network-Wide > Clients page.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Client_Details_Page...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Prodrick
Building a reputation

Thanks, but I need to be able to integrate this with a partner application. I can’t use the following endpoint at scale, because I’d consume the Dashboard API rate limits for this one endpoint across thousands of networks.  I’m wondering why the SSID is in this events endpoint and in the Dashboard but not in the Syslog.

https://api.meraki.com/api/v1/networks/:networkId/events

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>I can’t use the following endpoint at scale, because I’d consume the Dashboard API rate limits for this one endpoint across thousands of networks

The rate limit is per org.  If you use the API across 10 orgs you could do up to 100 API calls per second.

Prodrick
Building a reputation

I’m very aware of this. The problem is that this is a per-network API endpoint, not a per-Org endpoint (hence the can’t scale).

John-K
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Prodrick, can you clarify what you mean by "connections"? I'm wondering if you mean this in the sense of "connection events" or "connected sessions" or perhaps something else.

Prodrick
Building a reputation

Thanks @John-K . I’d like to be able to follow which SSID’s client connected to, or tried to connect to. In the syslog I can see everything related to specific APs, but I don’t see and can’t correlate those to which SSID. Does that make sense?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.