Complete list of responses from Cellular connectionType

MartinS
Getting noticed

Complete list of responses from Cellular connectionType

Hi,

Does anyone know of, or can point me towards a complete list of connectionType responses returned by  /organizations/{organizationId}/cellularGateway/uplink/statuses please.

Sadly the documentation only tells me it's a string, and the example includes "4g" as a response, when I see "lte" in the real world 🤷

Get Organization Cellular Gateway Uplink Statuses - Meraki Dashboard API v1 - Cisco Meraki Developer...

There is also a "signalType" in the same call - my test devices give me 'null' for this, but the example shows "4G"?

Thanks in advance

Martin

---
COO
Highlight - Service Observability Platform
www.highlight.net
4 Replies 4
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't have the answer sadly , but I would guess 4G, LTE and 5G ? I will check if I have any MG around.

Thanks very much!

@John-K @Oren - Do you have any view of extra documentation behind the scenes please?

M.

---
COO
www.highlight.net
sungod
Head in the Cloud

I just checked a few MGs...

Two MG51 devices both report connectionType "lte" in the API response, in the dashboard view they both show "4G" and "5G" on the "uplink" page.

Also checked an MG41E, it also has connectionType "lte" in the API response.

In the case of the MG51 devices, both report a 'great' 5G signal vs. a 'good' 4G one, so I'd assume they are using 5G radio.

The MG51s and the MG41E all have signalType None.

Also have an MG21E currently offline, it's last reported status also has connectionType "lte" in the API response, but it actually had a signalType "4G".

Based on that, it looks like the API maybe isn't correctly returning signalType in all cases.

MartinS
Getting noticed

Fantastic thanks very much for this @sungod  - this aligns with the devices I have access to. What I've not seen yet is any 3G  / HSDPA / HSUPA type connections. I know 3G is on its way out but we still see quite a lot of 3G connections in the UK/Europe on 4G capable devices.

---
COO
www.highlight.net
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.