Cellular interface details for entire dashboard

SOLVED
Jitender
Here to help

Cellular interface details for entire dashboard

Everyone - Is it possible to generate a cellular signal strength report from Meraki dashboard for entire MX presents in the network.

At this moment, i have to go into uplink tab for each MX to see Cellular strength (1 - 4 Bar). is there a easy way to pull out this data for complete organization.

Please let me know if it can be achieved on dashboard or through API/Postman etc.

Thank You,

Jitender

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexG
Getting noticed

Sorry, I figured if you were logged in that hyperlink would have linked you to the correct spot. Here's the public page: https://dashboard.meraki.com/api_docs#return-an-array-containing-the-uplink-information-for-a-device. It doesn't detail the name of that field in that document, but in our environment it's listed as 'signal'.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AlexG
Getting noticed

Yes, you can absolutely pull this from the API. See here. It gives you csq value for that connection, so long as your modem supports it.

What model cellular modem are you guys are using? We've got a good assortment of MiFi 620L's & Pantech UML290's from Verizon. The 620's unfortunately don't let us see signal strength, but the 290's seem to show 5 bars no matter what the strength may actually be.

We are using feeney skyus 4g lte.

The url sent is taking me to Meraki Dashboard instead of any documentation page. can you please check and re-send so that i can try to pull 4G value through API
AlexG
Getting noticed

Sorry, I figured if you were logged in that hyperlink would have linked you to the correct spot. Here's the public page: https://dashboard.meraki.com/api_docs#return-an-array-containing-the-uplink-information-for-a-device. It doesn't detail the name of that field in that document, but in our environment it's listed as 'signal'.

Thanks, i went into it and found below. looks like i need to do research on these csq as well now. Thanks for your help so far!

"provider": "Verizon Wireless",
"model": "MC7354",
"signal": "csq 20,99",
"connectionType": "4G"

Thought to add this so that in case someone look information on this then they can complete data.

Take the number before the ,99 from CSQ value and refer to table below

ValueRSSI dBmCondition
0<-113Worst
1-111Worst
2-109Worst
3-107Worst
4-105Worst
5-103Worst
6-101Worst
7-99Worst
8-97Worst
9-95Worst
10-93OK
11-91OK
12-89OK
13-87OK
14-85OK
15-83Good
16-81Good
17-79Good
18-77Good
19-75Good
20-73Excellent
21-71Excellent
22-69Excellent
23-67Excellent
24-65Excellent
25-63Excellent
26-61Excellent
27-59Excellent
28-57Excellent
29-55Excellent
30-53Excellent
31>-51Best
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.