Cellular Gateway sendig SMS

Solved
BeresIT
Comes here often

Cellular Gateway sendig SMS

Dear Developers!

Unfortunately, I found that the Meraki Cellular Gateway is not capable of sending Event SMS. The SIM card can send SMS, but it is not possible on any interface (HTTP or dedicated TCP port). Do you have information on how to initiate AT commands on the device? In the API library, I only see a provider response (at&t) at the query level. It is possible to request an improvement from you, which could send out error messages via SMS with curl or any API capable app.

Thank you for your help
Tom

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Doing this centrally via the Dashboard itself would be the way, using Network-wide alerts and converting to SMS:
https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Alerts_and_Notificati...

You may also be able to achieve similar using webhooks into a messaging platform, such as Webex, to alert admins using a mobile version of the app

I think it highly unlikely a localised solution using the onboard SIM and SMS would also be developed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Doing this centrally via the Dashboard itself would be the way, using Network-wide alerts and converting to SMS:
https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Alerts_and_Notificati...

You may also be able to achieve similar using webhooks into a messaging platform, such as Webex, to alert admins using a mobile version of the app

I think it highly unlikely a localised solution using the onboard SIM and SMS would also be developed.

BeresIT
Comes here often

Dear GreenMan!

Thank you for the information.
I'm a little sad because we bought this model precisely because of the network homogeneity. The device will be in a micro data center and its main task would be to send environmental alerts. Now I am re-planning the operation a little, but if it were possible to request such an improvement, it would greatly simplify the operation.

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.