Authorising Meraki Users for an AnyConnect Client via API

mraandrews
Comes here often

Authorising Meraki Users for an AnyConnect Client via API

Hi All, 

I'm fairly new t Meraki API, but have a lot of experience both developing and consuming ReST based API's.  We are going to be changing the VPC Concentrator that we use and I was attempting to write a script to Authorise the users on a new network.  This has not really worked as expected:

The first issue was that the Client VPN needed to be enabled (which it is, but for AnyConnect) and even if I enable the IPSEC Client VPN, I get more messages.

In the 'Update Network Meraki Auth User' call, I seem to need to provide a name and password, which seems odd, seeing as I have already provided a unique User Id, and one of the reasons for wanting to do this is that I'd like to suppress the email that is sent out every time the user is added to a device.  In addition to using the profile update tool for AnyConnect Client, to push out a new profile with the new host.   This would've been a seamless way to migrate users, but it seems this is not to be, but also seems to be a strange approach to APIs.

I can only hope that I am doing something wrong, so if anyone can provide insight into this, please do!

If there is no way to currently do this, is there a mechanism by which Features can be requested and then voted on.  I'd like to check the list and add this feature as an option if it does not yet exist.

Kind Regards 

Mark

1 Reply 1
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think that it can help you:

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-latest/#!create-network-meraki-auth-user

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.