Ask for the total number of clients in a network

SOLVED
Namgyu
Getting noticed

Ask for the total number of clients in a network

Hello, all.

When I want to know the total number of clients in a network, I make a loop code to count all objects in a client list.

And I have a question ― Isn't there an API to let users know the total number of clients connected to a network?

In a network category, it will be nice to be added.

Or does there already exist but I couldn't find it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sungod
Head in the Cloud

If you have a list of clients why not use len() instead of counting? i.e. (cut & pasted from a script)...

clients = await aiomeraki.networks.getNetworkClients(net_id, timespan=t, perPage=1000, total_pages="all")

...then...     len(clients)    ...will give you the number of clients seen in that timespan.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sungod
Head in the Cloud

If you have a list of clients why not use len() instead of counting? i.e. (cut & pasted from a script)...

clients = await aiomeraki.networks.getNetworkClients(net_id, timespan=t, perPage=1000, total_pages="all")

...then...     len(clients)    ...will give you the number of clients seen in that timespan.

Namgyu
Getting noticed

I already know this solution, but if the network has more than 1000 clients, it is complicated to get the clients from 1001th.

So I want to get the response about the total number of clients in a network. 😎

Thank you for kind reply!

sungod
Head in the Cloud

Perhaps you are not aware, but the call I use in the example will return thousands of clients in one go, all the page handling occurs internally.

You could use the 'make a wish' button and ask for a new API call to return summary client data, perhaps you will be lucky.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.