Alert for WAN Gateway IP change

Solved
strat
Here to help

Alert for WAN Gateway IP change

I might have missed it - but I can't seem to find either a dashboard API or an alert I can capture via webhook which exposes or triggers on change to the MX WAN gateway IP. I have a use case where the IP will change periodically and I'd like to be updated as soon as possible of this change. Should be simple but I can't seem to find this anywhere...

A webhook would be the best as it would save me having to poll the dashboard API, but I am pretty sure this sort of information should be exposed via the dashboard API?

1 Accepted Solution

That's a nice make a wish. It could allow people to troubleshoot problems related to WAN IP changes. I don't think it's possible today.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you use the MX built in dynamic DNS name in some way? 

That's a nice make a wish. It could allow people to troubleshoot problems related to WAN IP changes. I don't think it's possible today.

Thanks - I just submitted it as a wish, never submitted one before so lets see how it goes. Cheers

That has been useful enough for what I have been doing but I felt like the information shouldn't be hard to get.

I hoped that maybe I overlooked something in the documentation and by asking the question I would get an answer - sound like it might be a gap.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.