API key and monitoring tool integration site24x7

Solved
Tarmahmood1
Getting noticed

API key and monitoring tool integration site24x7

Hello,

I have generated two API keys from my admin account xyz@.... which has full access, intention was that with second API, i will be using for monitoring purpose. but it is said the API should be read only. What is the way to make second API key to read only with same admin account. I dont see any option to make it "read only" from dasboard.  I have tested the key with site24x7 tool and it fetches all the nodes info from Meraki.  or should i keep it like this as it is. thanks

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This is not possible with a single account.  An API key has the same permissions as the Admin account from which it was created.   If you require a read-only API, use your full Admin accout to create a read-only admin account and generate a new API key from there.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This is not possible with a single account.  An API key has the same permissions as the Admin account from which it was created.   If you require a read-only API, use your full Admin accout to create a read-only admin account and generate a new API key from there.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.