API - getting firmware version for firmware locked device

Gal_Tfilin
Comes here often

API - getting firmware version for firmware locked device

Hey,

I implemented code that uses Meraki's API to get, amongst other things, the firmware versions of Meraki devices on a network.
I use this endpoint:
GET /networks/{networkId}/devices

For some of the devices, I'm getting the following:
"Firmware locked. Please contact support."

Is there any other way of getting a device's firmware?

Does anybody know why would Meraki return this value (on product design perspective) instead of the actual firmware version, even if it's locked?

3 REPLIES 3
Steinbep
Getting noticed

I have only ever seen firmware locked when I was in a beta for a specific product. Its locked in by the beta team so you can test the product.  You can try to call support to have them release the lock if you are no longer in the beta test.

Unfortunately, I'm not the owner(in terms of operational responsibility) of these devices and I cannot make any modifications to these devices.

I can either ignore these devices' firmware versions or find a reasonable workaround.

Firmware can be pinned by the request of an Administrator.  It can include firmware that is not available to the public.  It might resolve a specific issue, or it might have a non-public beta feature.

You won't be able to get any further information about the version number in this case.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.