API Port Traffic

Solved
AnJoly06
Comes here often

API Port Traffic

Hello,

For reporting automation purpose, I am trying to fetch the data from the Meraki API.

I would like to get the values that is used to plot the graph visible on a switch, for a specific port. On the dashboard it is labelled as "Historical Data / Port Traffic".

Looking at the Network tab of the inspector of elements, it use the values from the "/manage/nodes/show_switchport_graph_data" endpoints for the dashboard.

However, for the API I have been using the "https://api.meraki.com/api/v1/networks/{networkId}/clients/{clientId}/usageHistory" but the data doesn't seems to correlate.

Do you have any idea on what API route I have to use to get the kpbs values shown on the dashboard ?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately, there is no API available for this.

The “/networks/{networkId}/clients/{clientId}/usageHistory” endpoint you are using provides usage history per client, which does not directly correlate with the port traffic data shown in the dashboard.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
AnJoly06
Comes here often

To give more details to my question, I am trying to fetch the information for this graph:

AnJoly06_1-1704211529613.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe for a switch port you would need to use this API:
https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-device-switch-ports-statuses-packets/ 

Hello,

Thank you for your answer! 😊

I don't think it is what I am looking for.
I would like to get the daily port traffic on a specific port on a monthly timespan.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately, there is no API available for this.

The “/networks/{networkId}/clients/{clientId}/usageHistory” endpoint you are using provides usage history per client, which does not directly correlate with the port traffic data shown in the dashboard.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you for your answer.
Do you know if there's a way to ask that feature in the API ?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.