404 error in postman

Andrew19c
Conversationalist

404 error in postman

I am having issues in postman. Using the Meraki dashboard API, I can only user Admins and orginazations and everything else does not work. I am trying to get started using API.

Cheers

10 REPLIES 10
ChrisC83
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

Did you enable access to the Dashboard API?

This can be found in Organization -> Setting -> Dashboard API access.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

API is enable and I can create a new org and admin. Issues are anything outside the 2 options, I am getting error 404.

Hi,

Can you make sure you are using the correct API key?

You may need to revoke the current one and generate another one.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

key is correct. I said I can connect using the API Key and it only works on admin and orgs.

Hi,

So you are able to list the admin and organization via API but no others like listing networks or any update queries?

What is your account's permission? Org full admin?

yes

The account whose API key your using, does it have Full organization access? See Organization > Administrators and click on the acount in the table:

image.png

I am having the same issue with 2 admin accounts with full access and 2 different keys. I am able to create accounts and new orgs. The account and the key are good. 

Have you setup the environment and added the networkId and organizationId correctly? The org and admin calls are organization wide and only need the API key, the other calls you're trying to access may need the organizationId and networkId.

My advice, start with getOrganizations call, that only needs the API key (I think that one's working already).

Choose one of the returned organizations and add it's organizationId to your environment.

Then you can execute the getOrganizationNetworks call which will list all networks under the organization.

Choose a network and add it's networkId to your environment.

Go from there.

You environment should look somewhat like this at the end:

image.png

Do I add the information to collection variable or environment variable?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.