404 Error for LLDP/CDP using Postman

Solved
Hex
New here

404 Error for LLDP/CDP using Postman

Hello,

I'm very new to using API's and I am currently fiddling with this with the purpose of trying to figure out information on connected devices on one of our remote Z3 firewalls. I can get simple things like getNetworkDevices just fine but getNetworkDeviceLldp_cdp returns a 404. I was able to successfully get the networkID and serial for this particular device using other API commands.

Anyone have any idea what I should be looking for here?

1 Accepted Solution
ShawnHu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Hex The endpoint getNetworkDeviceLldp_cdp reminds me that you probably were using V0 API instead of V1. Meraki dashboard API V0 has been end of support. In V1, the endpoint is getDeviceLldpCdp. 

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-device-lldp-cdp/

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure if it's possible to get this information for the Z3. I'm almost sure not.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

You can try this one.

https://developer.cisco.com/codeexchange/github/repo/routetonull/getMerakiNeighbor

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ShawnHu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Hex The endpoint getNetworkDeviceLldp_cdp reminds me that you probably were using V0 API instead of V1. Meraki dashboard API V0 has been end of support. In V1, the endpoint is getDeviceLldpCdp. 

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-device-lldp-cdp/

I think this may be my issue. I do have my baseUrl set to V1 but maybe i imported out of date API commands.

ShawnHu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yep, that's where the 404 not found came from.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I just tested this endpoint against a Z3 with a Polycom phone connected on the PoE port and I see neighbor info.

• ports:{
    • port5:

{
      • lldp:

{
        • sourcePort: "port5",
        • systemName: "Polycom SoundStation - Polycom VVX 311",
        • managementAddress: "172.25.90.251",
        • portId: "omitted"
        }
      }
    },
  • sourceMac: "omitted"
Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "Accept as Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

One more example of a Cisco phone on the Z3 PoE port showing both CDP and LLDP info.

{

• ports:

{
    • port5:

{
      • cdp:

{
        • deviceId: "SEPxxxxxxx",
        • address: "10.244.200.227",
        • portId: "Port 1"
        },
      • lldp:

{
        • systemName: "SEPxxxxxxx",
        • managementAddress: "10.244.200.227",
        • portId: "omitted:P1"
        }
      }
    },
  • sourceMac: "omitted"

}

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "Accept as Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.