"Add a new device" Enroll device inside Self Service Portal

SOLVED
Aaron_V
Conversationalist

"Add a new device" Enroll device inside Self Service Portal

Hello,

I am trying to determine what is preventing my users from enrolling their own devices into Meraki MDM.  We have the self service portal enabled, and users can log in to see their own devices.  In the upper right, there is an "Add a new device" link.  When clicked, for any user, the user is prompted with an error "Your account does not have permission to enroll devices.  Contact your network administrator for more information."  But, I don't have more information.  I cannot find any setting that allows or denies this permission in the configuration.  Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Aaron_V

I was recently testing a few solution ideas through SM and from my experience, the 'Add a new device' button is related to Trusted Access enrolment and not Management Profile enrolment.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Trusted_Access_for_S...

Trusted Access is an easy, secure way to connect iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and Android devices to Meraki MR wireless networks without enrolling the device into Systems Manager. 

Adding a device for management purposes is still via the options presented in the Add Devices page on Dashboard. Email, mobile App, Web brower..etc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
merakichamp
Building a reputation

hi @Aaron_V  it depends with how you have configured your enrollment authentication remember there different authentications for your end users kindly you need to check that first maybe that is where the problem is 

SM Enrollment Authentication

My users are able to enroll with appropriate authentication by going to m.meraki.com/[network], where they must authenticate (Azure AD).  This works just fine.  They are unable to add the device after they have successfully logged into the self service portal using that option.

Hey @Aaron_V

I was recently testing a few solution ideas through SM and from my experience, the 'Add a new device' button is related to Trusted Access enrolment and not Management Profile enrolment.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Trusted_Access_for_S...

Trusted Access is an easy, secure way to connect iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and Android devices to Meraki MR wireless networks without enrolling the device into Systems Manager. 

Adding a device for management purposes is still via the options presented in the Add Devices page on Dashboard. Email, mobile App, Web brower..etc

Ah, good to know, thank you.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.