Wish: Complete schedule/timer for all the Meraki equipment

DarkStar
Getting noticed

Wish: Complete schedule/timer for all the Meraki equipment

My wish is a complete schedule/timer for all the Meraki equipment (reboot/factory reset/revert to last settings). The ability to schedule reboots or factory reset or revert to last settings, any time, any day, any year, or to set reboots on a unlimited timer. Use seconds, minutes, days, week, months. i.e reboot in 30 seconds or i.e reboot in 30 days or reboot in 1 month. Needs to be very flexible. Reboot every Sunday at 2 am. Reboot every Month at 3am, Reboot every 6 months, or Reboot every Year. Must be able to used all options in conjunction. Example: Reboot in 120 Seconds, Factory Reset in 15 Minutes, Revert to Last Settings, 20 Minutes. This way you can make changes that could affect the network in an adverse way and if you lost access to the device it would Factory Reset in 15 minutes getting you back on line or if that did not work the Meraki would revert to last Settings in 20 minutes, getting you back on line. Must have the ability to cancel any of them at any time, if the reboot works you would then cancel the factory reset and the revert to last settings. Thank -DS 

5 REPLIES 5
jgutter
Here to help

I would love to see that. as well as Uptime on the device..
with Cisco Switches, Routers etc you can do reload in or reload at...
DarkStar
Getting noticed

We are needing this feature more and more, especially with all the work from home. We are in rural areas and many times the ISP is out for a while and when they come back you have to reboot the MX to get the site back on line (or all the way on line) Many times we them to just reboot every night at 1am so the site is on line in the morning.  Since we cannot schedule that I have to call someone to go pull the power cord and wait 15 seconds to get the site on line. Now with remote work I have to call the maintenance person and we have to wait 1 or 2 hours until he gets there to power cycle the MX. Our staff remote work by VPN so the MX has to be up or they are not working. Meraki please please add these features ASAP!

DarkStar
Getting noticed

Hello Meraki Engineers. This is becoming mission critical. Now that we are using StarLink as an ISP we need our equipment to be on a timer and reboot every Sunday. StarLink makes changes every week and this requires our MX to be rebooted. Currently we have to ask a staff member every Monday morning to pull the power cord to reboot the MX to get them back on line. Desperately please add this feature so we can automate a weekly reboot!!!!

amabt
Building a reputation

Have you posted this using the Dashboard Wish List feature? Thats the official place to request feature.

DarkStar
Getting noticed

Yes many  many times over the years. I have also talked about it with our Cisco rep and in our meetings when Cisco visits from out of state.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.