Unable to Connect Meraki Dashboard through SNMP

vthangar
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Unable to Connect Meraki Dashboard through SNMP

I have gone through the below document and configured SNMP V2 for the Merkai Dashboard. 

But when i try to do SNMP Walk , no response from the dashboard. Do i need to change any other settings apart from the SNMP Configuration? Could you please help me. 

[root@mybox ~]# snmpwalk -v2c -t 10 -c <Community String> -Ob -M +. -m +MERAKI-CLOUD-CONTROLLER-MIB n189.meraki.com:16100 .1

Timeout: No Response from n189.meraki.com:16100

8 REPLIES 8
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Try doing your walk against snmp.meraki.com:16100 instead of the shard directly. 

I tried with snmp.meraki.com:16100 , but still its failing. 

Kimsey
Here to help

Do you have any IP restrictions set? If so, remove them and try again. The little example they give you where you set it up should just work when you paste it in a terminal with internet access.

snmpwalk -v2c -t 10 -c <COMMUNITYSTRING> -Ob -M +. -m +MERAKI-CLOUD-CONTROLLER-MIB snmp.meraki.com:16100 .1

1. We didn't give any IP restrictions. So, dashboard can be accessed from any IPs.

2. Able to ping the Meraki Dashboard, only SNMP connectivity is failing. 

3. Able to SNMP walk the Meraki Switches using 161 port. But for Dashboard 16100 is the port number. Do we have any configuration in MEraki dashboard to enable this port? 

4. Is there any option available to check the logs of Meraki Dashboard , it will be helpful to understand why SNMP connectivity is failing. 

When you configure SNMP v2, it should not require any further configuration in the Meraki for port 16100. If you are blocking that port outbound and upstream from the device you are doing a walk from, that could be an issue. As for dashboard logs, only Meraki support can help there. Beyond the standard event log, there is not much to see on that front.

Thanks for the details. port 161 can be used for Dashboard as well? is there any option to customize the port for Dashboard. 

This issue has been resolved. After making my server IP to public, Meraki dashboard is reachable. 

Good to hear! It sounds like something upstream was blocking you and putting yourself on the internet resolved the issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.