Turning off/on ports on a Z3 with a template configuration

wsalomon75
Here to help

Turning off/on ports on a Z3 with a template configuration

Hello all,

I'm trying to turn on some ports on a Z3 that I have connected, but is part of a template. Normally, I would do this through "Addressing/VLANs" and edit the ports, but that's nowhere to be found on this Z3. I'm assuming it has something to do with it being part of a template. Any ideas?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You need to have VLANs enabled to see per port settings (even if you just have 1 VLAN)

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "Accept as Solution" so that others can benefit from it.

Thanks for the response! VLANs are enabled on this Z3. Since you're a Meraki employee, if you could look at my dashboard, it's the EMS_2_Shellpoint Z3.

Under the template to enable/disable LAN ports you'd use this section. Taken from my org for example.

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 13.46.19.png

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "Accept as Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Doesn't the option appear or do you have questions about the mapping?

If it's a mapping issue, look at this.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Other_Topics/MX_Cold_Swap_Replacing_an_Existing_MX_with_a_Differ...)

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.