Topology to Visio

SOLVED
Netwow
Building a reputation

Topology to Visio

I was in a class this week and someone said that you could download the Network Topology into a visio drawing. I cannot find any topics on this.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adam
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth wrote:

Never tried it myself (stopping using Visio in preference to www.lucidchart.com a long time ago - Visio is such a rip off), but on the topology page their is a download button on the top right which can download an SVG file.  You should be able to import this as a background graphic in Visio.

And agreed with @PhilipDAth

I just make my drawings in Google Drawings

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Network Wide>Topology then click the 'Download' button in the top right.

Capture.PNG

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Never tried it myself (stopping using Visio in preference to www.lucidchart.com a long time ago - Visio is such a rip off), but on the topology page their is a download button on the top right which can download an SVG file.  You should be able to import this as a background graphic in Visio.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth wrote:

And agreed with @PhilipDAth

I just make my drawings in Google Drawings

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The problem is Google Drawings only supports a very limited number of formats. Ok if the drawings are only used by yourself or a small audience. Problematic if you need to collaborate with many other people using different tools.

For example, Lucid Chart can also read and write Visio diagrams ... and the basic of Lucid Chart is free.

We have adopted a SAAS based philosophy. It is way more cost effective than I expected. Visio just gets added to the subscription. I use it all the time, so I have an annual sub, intermittent users (not really a good idea, it requires familiarity) can subscribe on a month by month basis, which is fine as it gets built into the charging. Project is another matter and is hugely over priced when used on an annual subscription basis. Unfortunately, being used to Project and Primavera, the alternatives lack allure.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Netwow
Building a reputation

Yeah I downloaded as a svg. I was hoping for more of a stencil conversion not just graphics. Agree on the "rip off" but it is what I have to work with for now. 

Thanks. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.