Summary report of least-used APs by client count?

ChrisLaird
Here to help

Summary report of least-used APs by client count?

Hello, hoping someone knows how to do this, either in the Dashboard or with the API. I have 1300 Meraki APs spread across a few dozen buildings, hundreds of different rooms, hallways, attics, basements. I'm looking to properly balance the network, meaning redeploy unused or massively underused APs to high-density areas.

But to do that, I need good data on the usage of each AP, preferably by client count over a day. The summary report page only gives summary data for the top 50 devices, so I need a way to get the data for the other 1250 devices. Am I missing something obvious?

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

On the AP summary/list page if you enable the Clients with Usage column and choose last day as the time range does that meet your needs?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Perhaps try:

Organisation/Overview/Devices

Search for MR.  Click on the Usage column to show the least used at the top.  As a bonus, this also lets you export the results to CSV.

PhilipDAth_0-1644271896172.png

ChrisLaird
Here to help

@Ryan_Milesand @PhilipDAth thanks for the suggestions. I missed the notifications in email so I just saw your responses now.

I can do that as a 1-off, but I need to keep looking for a way to automate that process into aggregate reports. Doing it as a 1-off should be usable for a quick report (say once per day for 2 weeks), but not ideal for longer term data reporting. I like scheduling API jobs for stuff like that, but I can't find anywhere in the API to pull this type of data easily.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.