Subscription Licenses Move between organizations.

Alexis_S18
Conversationalist

Subscription Licenses Move between organizations.

Hi, 

Is it nom possible to move devices and licenses from one organizations to another without opening a tickets when licensed using subscription model ?  

I've unique order to claim my licenses , when done. I want to be able to allocate those licenses to a specific organization or multiple organization, is it something available today with the subscription licensing model ? 

Thanks already for your feedback

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, it is.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Moving_Devices_between...

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Per-Device_Licensing_Overvi...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks but I was maybe unclear in my question : When the licensing model is the new "subscription model' and not the co term or PDL, is it possible to move devices/licenses from one organization to another. 

Edited:

There is no other licensing model besides the PDL or Co-Term. Can you be clearer?

I don't have information about the Subscription Licensing. I suggest you consult your representative sales.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Alexis_S18
Conversationalist

There's a third licensing model, "subscription licensing"

Alexis_S18_0-1718814468605.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

I do know that an org can only be in one licencing mode at a time, and you can only change to subscription licencing at the end of the current licence (or if setting up a org).

That would imply that if you could transfer subscription licences, the source and destination org would need to be in subscription licencing mode (or the destination would have to have no effective licence).

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

One of the subscription model licence types is an Enterprise Agreement.

If you have an Enterprise Agreement with both organisations linked to it, then you can stop a license in one and start in the other, effectively moving it.

As for other possible subscription types, I'm not sure.

Arun_Paul
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Subscription orders are currently not transferrable across organizations. The Order and claim key is designed for a single use. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.