Slow Dashboard

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Slow Dashboard

I have access to two Orgs, both hosted on different shards. One has an avg ping for 40ms and the other 340ms. Obviously the one with 340ms takes a lot longer to load pages and I have noticed even signing in using the app on my phone is slow.

I know this is probably a question for support but has anyone had their data moved between shards before? Because it's so slow it's effecting productivity of my team.

My network isn't the issue either because I get the same ping times from home and via mobile hot spot. 

6 Replies 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At the bottom of the page it says what region the dashboard is hosted in, are they different?

cmr_0-1702983163742.png

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I saw that thanks, both are hosted in Asia although the IP address for the shard in question is showing as being in the US. 

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 7.04.59 AM.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What shard is the crap one?

I know Meraki has a process to migrate between shards - but I have never heard of it being done by customer request.  They typically do it when a shard gets overloaded and they create a brand-new shard.

But it can't hurt to ask ...

@PhilipDAth the one I am having issues with is n70.meraki.com

Upon further investigation it's in Singapore not the US. 

I can confirm it is bad for me as well.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've opened a support ticket. Hopefully hear soon because it's becoming painful to use. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.