Setting up Meraki dashboard with SSO/Okta with already existing accounts

axemte
Just browsing

Setting up Meraki dashboard with SSO/Okta with already existing accounts

I understand there is an issue where if the user account already exist you would get an error that "The SSO username xxx already exists as a Dashboard user account"

Has this been resolved?

I would hate to have to delete all users already created just so they can use SSO.

Thanks

9 Replies 9
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

By having the same users in two places you create an issue - which is the authoritative user?

Thanks for the reply. These users are all in the Meraki Administrator section with Organization privilege.

If I delete the user and then let them SSO, I do not see them on the Administrator section though.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes. I can see in that link that the username attribute cannot match an existing Dashboard administrator's email address. 😞

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

The issue I had with this previously is that even if you delete the existing user, and then have them use SSO login, it will not work. Perhaps this has been fixed, but previously it was "expected behavior". 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

It does work if you delete the user.

The one thing is that I do not see the user(s) "created" once using SSO to login in the Administrators section. I'm wondering where they are listed now at all.

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Good to know that's fixed!

The SSO users are not listed anywhere in Dashboard. You need to create a SAML role which is tied to an attribute you're passing with the users. I'm not sure you can actually configure an org admin access level with this setup. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

I guess I have no other option but to delete/recreate accounts. 🙂

Thanks for the information and help. Much appreciated.

Welles
Building a reputation

It would be nice if Meraki would take a page from how Dropbox does SSO. Pretty smooth process, even for existing users accounts. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.