Scheduling firmware upgrade cannot be reset back to ignore.

saro
New here

Scheduling firmware upgrade cannot be reset back to ignore.

Yesterday I accidentally set one of my networks to upgrade switching at night time. We will call this Network A. I quickly realized that I was in the wrong network, so I set the upgrades back to "ignore." After I saved it, Meraki dashboard accepted that.

I went to the correct network, we will call this Network B, and I set the upgrades to occur at night.

This morning, I got bombarded massively by a huge influx of alerts that my production went down at night and after checking Meraki dashboard, I found switches in Network A to be upgraded.

After coming into work this morning, luckily everything was working properly however, to re-test my theory as to why my switches in Network A didn't ignore the upgrades, I went to another network, we will call it Network C.

In Network C, I set upgrades again for tonight. I then set it back to ignore and saved it. Meraki accepted without throwing an error.

I refreshed the page and found that the Network C was still set to upgrade tonight and the "ignore" option is now listed as a Reschedule option.

This is a huge oversight by the Meraki dashboard and it should never have accepted the ignore option without refreshing the page. If that is no longer a viable option then the page should have refreshed to "reschedule." This needs to be fixed. 

3 Replies 3
AMP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I would do a screen share with support and show them exactly what you were clicking. However it sounds to me as you were under the network-wide>general page to schedule the upgrade and then changing to ignore. I would recommend using the organization>firmware page to manage firmware. Under the network-wide>general page when you set it to ignore this is just ignoring any future firmware releases for this network, it wont cancel any already pending firmware upgrades. It tells dashboard when firmware is released in the future I dont want you to auto schedule this network to upgrade.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Firmware_Upgrades/Managing_Firmware_Upgrades...

Knowledge is power

You are correct that I went to Network-wide > General. I will still bring this up with support as ignore becomes an invalid operation when scheduling the upgrade in this method. 

Thank you for sharing the support article on cancelling, that does work from the firmware upgrades page.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.