Scheduled Maintenance Alert: On June 6, 2024 at 23:00 to June 7, 2024 at 01:00 UTC Order and Device?

TyShawn
A model citizen

Scheduled Maintenance Alert: On June 6, 2024 at 23:00 to June 7, 2024 at 01:00 UTC Order and Device?

Maybe I am missing it, but when I looked at the FAQ on this aouncment I really didn't see what the gain or end result would be after this maintenance is completed. I have lots of detail saying we will not be about to work in the inventory portion of the dashboard, but no real info on what new benefit or fix that is being addressed.

Scheduled Maintenance Alert: On June 6, 2024, at 23:00 to June 7, 2024, at 01:00 UTC, we will conduct routine maintenance affecting order and device claiming processes on the Meraki Dashboard During this period, please note that you cannot claim or unclaim devices. All other dashboard activities will remain unaffected, and the operation of connected Meraki devices will function as expected. For detailed information and a comprehensive FAQ, please visit [Maintenance Details and FAQ]

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the details for this particular announcement, but they often relate to Meraki infrastructure upgrades.  Sometimes Cisco Meraki do shard splits.

The exact details are not divulged as they are an internal operational matter for Meraki.

What is a shard split?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When you log in you'll notice the URL starts with something like https://n100.meraki.com/.

The "100" is your shard number.  When a shard ends up with too many customers on it a shard split is sometimes done to reduce the load.  After that you'll have a new shard number.

NithyaBandaru
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This scheduled maintenance aims to improve the reliability and performance of the order and device-claiming functionalities. The result will be a more reliable and streamlined experience when handling device and order claims, reducing the likelihood of errors and downtime in the future.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.