SAML SSO - user/email address removal

SOLVED
dhayes89
Comes here often

SAML SSO - user/email address removal

I am having an issue with removing my email from SAML SSO, back to local admin for my organization DashBoard.

How do you remove or delete a SSO account for a single user ?

I trying to transfer a license from a different organization, process requires me to be a local admin for both organizations.

" email address already exists as a Dashboard user account. Please try a different username. Contact your network administrator for assistance."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RomanMD
Building a reputation

Add yourself to both organizations with another email of yours, and initiate the license transfer from that user.

There is not way to delete a SAML user from Meraki backend. The workaround is to - disable SAML and then configure it again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RomanMD
Building a reputation

Add yourself to both organizations with another email of yours, and initiate the license transfer from that user.

There is not way to delete a SAML user from Meraki backend. The workaround is to - disable SAML and then configure it again.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

SAML users don't actually exist in the Meraki back end - only in your SAML system.  The SAML provider simply tells Meraki who you are.

I normally configure the SAML gateway to present your username rather than your email address to the Meraki Dashboard, and then you don't get this issue.

RomanMD
Building a reputation

@PhilipDAth I would disagree and only comment so that we have this for future readers.

When organization is initially configured with SAML, after a SAML user login, you will not be able to create a user with that UPN, because Dashboard will say that the user already exists.

Dashboard will be even able to send you alerting emails since you're admin for the organization, but only after user have logged in at least once. It will also to save your profile settings.

The only way Dashboard could perform all those tasks, is if it would store something about the user in backend, create a user or a profile for the user per se.

After you disable the SAML, in about 10 minutes you are able to configure the UPN as local user.

I like your answer, although I used the other solution. I will  contact SAML Admins.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.