Renew licences co-term but with two differents dashboard keys

Solved
ludovic06
Conversationalist

Renew licences co-term but with two differents dashboard keys

Hello,

I ordered a license renewal for my devices from my reseller, and Meraki sent me 2 different keys, each for a different part of the equipment (one for 3 MRs, and the other key for the rest of the devices which also includes others MRs).
However, at the time of renewal, it said that for the “Renew all current licenses” option : 
This option resets all license limits to include only the number and types of licenses listed in that license key.”

Won't it be a problem to put 2 keys? Is it better to follow a particular order (first the license for the majority of the hardware, then for the remaining 3 MR, or vice versa?).

Thanks !

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The order doesn't matter. Not sure why you received two keys, but perhaps it's something specific to your needs we're unaware of. Regardless you can claim either as a Renewal then claim the second key using the License More option.

Ryan / Meraki Solutions Engineer

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is it a renewal license or to add more devices?

Remember that if it is renewal you must purchase for the same number of devices that you have on your dashboard.

It would be helpful to consult your Meraki sales representative to confirm.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hello, it's a renewal. I send the licence SKU with all the licences, but I received 2 differents dashboard keys. 

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The order doesn't matter. Not sure why you received two keys, but perhaps it's something specific to your needs we're unaware of. Regardless you can claim either as a Renewal then claim the second key using the License More option.

Ryan / Meraki Solutions Engineer

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

Thanks, but you mean "Licence More Devices", no ?

Correct.

ludovic06
Conversationalist

Hello, i've renew the licences and then added the remaining licences. All is ok now.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.