Remove Mfa from admin account

Flip1365
New here

Remove Mfa from admin account

How can i remove mfa from my account if i cannot login to the portal.Everytime i enter the verification code i get message invalid verification code.

Any help will be appreciated

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe another administrator can reset your MFA.

Otherwise you'll need to use one of the single use tokens or look into this process of engaging Meraki support

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Two-Factor_Authentication#Recov...

IvanJukic
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Flip1365 ,

As @Brash mentioned, try the options in the guide. If stuck, you'll need to open a case.

Note this can't be done via the Phone. In the Section Recovering Access to Accounts Protected by Two-Factor Authentication there is link to use. It should take you to the below. 

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 6.52.33 PM.png

Cheers,

Ivan Jukić,
Meraki APJC

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If it solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Other org admins cannot edit your 2FA config. Options would be engage Meraki Support as mentioned in the doc referenced above. Or, if there are other full org admins in your org they could just delete your account and recreate it.

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Arthamon
Getting noticed

Out of curiosity @Ryan_Miles , let's say we remove the account altogether and they have access to multiple Organizations. Do we assume that we need to re-invite that account to each Org?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.