Problems with a Meraki network

DILAN22061
Just browsing

Problems with a Meraki network

Hello everyone, I have a problem with an SSDI that I created in Meraki. I have it configured so that it does not request a login every time someone connects. It has worked well for a while however now every time someone connects it automatically redirects them to a login without the user having to click anywhere on the page and it connects correctly. But the idea is that you enter directly once you have entered your password, the configuration where it should be even creates a new SSID and also redirects you to a login

10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you show you SSID configuration please?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DILAN22061
Just browsing

1.png

2.png

  

Something I have noticed is that specifically that network is used for associates to access a page called Kahoo. When someone new accesses the network it automatically redirects them to a type of login in the browser you have and above in the browser it shows WWW.KAHOO.COM however nothing is shown it only connects to the network automatically and exits

Most likely something is intercepting traffic, and redirecting clients to that website.

You say that you don't have any firewall upstream, and that clients are directly connected to the internet.

I'm guessing that either the a) you have a group policy applied with a splash page (I doubt this..), b) you have some undocumented device upstream that is intercepting, or c) clients are infected.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Do you have an MX firewall or even a proxy on your infrastructure that is configured with Splash Page.

Your SSID is ok, it's just PSK so it shouldn't be requesting a splash page for authentication.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

No, the AP'S are connected directly to a switch and there is no Firewall or Proxy on the network

But your SSID is not configured for splash page.

I don't understand, do you want the splash page to appear or not?

No, I don't want the login page to appear, and it is already configured so that it does not ask for it and it still asks for it. I made a new SSID where I also gave it the option of not requesting a login and it still requests it too. But it's a bit quick, the device automatically redirects to log in, however, you don't have to press anything, it just connects automatically.

Sorry, but this is something on your network, the problem is not with WIFI.

I suggest that you review your network to validate who may be sending this splash page, especially because it is an external splash page, not the standard Meraki one.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you got a Meraki MX?  Maybe it is configured to do a splash page.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Splash_Page#MX_Splash... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.