Mohamud-Olad
New here

Newly added device to meraki dashboard

Can anyone assist to figure out the last  AP added into my dashboard 

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can see the date and time a device was claimed into your Meraki dashboard under Organization -> Inventory

You can also see when it was added into a network in the change log under Organization -> Change log

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can see the date and time a device was claimed into your Meraki dashboard under Organization -> Inventory

You can also see when it was added into a network in the change log under Organization -> Change log

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Go through Organization > Monitor> Change log and filter by Claimed devices.

alemabrahao_0-1701084997620.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The change log mentioned by @alemabrahao will give the most precise details of what happened.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I'm guessing this question may arise because you now have insufficient MR licences?   Bear in mind that, in co-termination, there's no specific relationship between an AP and a licence.   Dashboard counts the APs in Networks (the 'Current device count') and the available licences (the 'License limit').    If the device count > the license limit, you are non-compliant.   So if, for exaample, you were over by one AP, it wouldn't matter which AP you removed from its Network, you'd still return to compliance.   You wouldn't necessarily need to remove the last one that was added.

Of course - you might want to do that, if the person claiming it forgot to also purchase a matching license, so they pay for it - and hopefully include it next time!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.