New Org appeared overnight in our MSP Portal

Solved
RJones
Here to help

New Org appeared overnight in our MSP Portal

I noticed this morning when looking at one of the networks in our Organization that 2 more Orgs had appeared in our MSP Portal. I have a case open for this, but this is the 3rd time we've had this happen. Anyone else have this happen?

1 Accepted Solution
RJones
Here to help

It looks like someone (possibly a former employee) of one of our vendors was accessing Meraki via SAML SSO for the vendor and used the link for that in order to clone our Org. I disabled the SAML access until they can get new keys generated so this doesn't happen again. Thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you sure you don't have admin access on organizations?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The Administrators list shows the same for my original Org, but when I try to delete any one of the accounts under the other org, I get an error that I do not have permissions.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Strange. Maybe your email is easily mistaken for another and someone is adding you in error?

It’s not happened to me. 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Nope, it looks like a completely separate company.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yeah, but when you have permission on another organization (even read-only) it will show on MSP portal, maybe someone added your email by mistake.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

That's what Support said, however, all Admins in our Org were in the new Org with the same permissions and API keys. No one received an email for account creation.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RJones,

It's not a new account creation, look, for example If you add my e-mail as an administrator in your organization It will be showed on my MSP portal, but my e-mail is an existent account on Meraki dashboard, so maybe someone did It using your e-mail, but maybe It was a mistake.

You got It?

Yes, I understand that, but it wasn't just me, it was others as well. It appears like the Administrator page was cloned for a new org, but someone not in the administrator list was making changes in the new Org.

RJones
Here to help

It looks like someone (possibly a former employee) of one of our vendors was accessing Meraki via SAML SSO for the vendor and used the link for that in order to clone our Org. I disabled the SAML access until they can get new keys generated so this doesn't happen again. Thanks everyone!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.