Meraki Support

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Meraki Support

I know that lately, the quality at Meraki Suppport has been lacking somewhat.

But I'd just like to say that about a week ago I had one of the best interactions with Meraki Support in a long time - specifically a Support engineer named Hugo, based in the UK.

To set the stage, I had a MS125-48 switch that fell into an upgrade loop, and as a result went offline for 12 minutes, every 2.5 hours or so, due to it failing to upgrade. After online ticket created, I was advised to call in, and do a live troubleshoot.

I did not wait in line for very long untill Hugo took my call. I did not get anything less that what I feel was personal, professional help, explanation on what was going on, steps to resolve, and even further, took my suggestion on a feature improvement seriously, and shared it with his backend, despite I already submitted a Wish on this feature.

So while we didn't resolve the issue during the call, I definitely felt I was taken well care of.

10/10, would definitely work with Hugo again. If I could, I'd buy this man a beer. 🙂

P.S. Some days later, for some unknown reason the switch resolved itself, by magically upgrading, eventhough it had been failing for almost 1.5 week.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
7 Replies 7
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I’ve always found that when I’ve called through the help has been almost immediate and some form of remediation put in place.

Complete opposite when raising tickets via the dashboard however.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AmyReyes , could you do an internal nomination for "Hugo from the UK" for a great customer outcome?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@rhbirkelund , what was your case number?

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Hey @AmyReyes and @PhilipDAth 

My Case no was 10808562

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
AmyReyes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this feedback @rhbirkelund! And @PhilipDAth thank you, too, for the suggestion of some internal recognition for Hugo. I will make sure he receives that later today 😊

amabt
Building a reputation

@AmyReyesJust want to add. I had a good experience with Mark from US (I believe) on a long few hours call on a weir issue. I ended up speaking with him multiple times over a few days and he was always spot on.

The AU guys seems to be not as experience.

I normally lodge a ticket 1st then call up straight after. So don't have to go through the ID process and initial info case is already written down.

AmyReyes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @amabt for sharing that feedback as well! Great advice, too, to create a ticket first and then follow up with a call. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.