MERAKI GX-50

FORTISERV
New here

MERAKI GX-50

Hi,

So this is my first Meraki and I'm not done setting it up yet at the site, though I did get it setup/registered it if you will in the cloud. I'm using the Firewall Plus, it says I can add up to 5 devices. When I go to setup a 2nd router it says I have to remove the first one that I already added. Is there a way around this? 
Thanks in advance, 
Craig

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is a specific community for Meraki GO:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Go-Community/ct-p/go

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki Go has its own community but if the restrictions on an MX also apply to the GX, then no you can only have one per network

Soichiro-Ono
Getting noticed

Hello

Only one security appliance.

Meraki Go - FAQ - Cisco Meraki

>How many security appliances can I have in my Meraki Go accounts?

Only one Meraki Go Security Appliance is allowed in one account. This is due to the fact as one account should be one location, and the Security Appliance should be the entrance to the internet.

You can manage each GX by using Go accounts created with different email addresses. However, you will need to switch accounts.

Doing so does not consolidate GX management, but it is possible to physically place GXs above and below the network. 

However, I don't see the need to deploy GX that way in environments where Go is deployed.

And the Go community is more useful for Meraki GO products.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Go-Community/ct-p/go

Regard,

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
有用な回答だと思われる際にはkudoをクリックして頂けると幸いです。
回答があなたの問題を解決した場合、accept as solutionをクリックしてください。

The Meraki enterprise product security appliance you're posting can manage multiple products from a single dashboard. No upper limit.

Consider this if you want to create an environment (often business) that has a demand for integrated management. However, a subscription license is always required, and the cost is higher than the GO series.

MX Family Datasheet | Cisco Meraki

Regard,

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
有用な回答だと思われる際にはkudoをクリックして頂けると幸いです。
回答があなたの問題を解決した場合、accept as solutionをクリックしてください。
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.